Search

Content

Tuesday, October 07, 2008

*bad butter.

Very bad. Very, very, very, very bad.



Also possibly served in a bordello where they celebrate New Year's in October, if this picture is any indication.

I was AGHAST when this hit the taste buds. Served in an allegedly reputable restaurant, no less, although the dearth of other parties should have indicated there might be a butter bomb a-waiting. I only wanted a taste, anyway—I'm not supposed to eat butter, after all. But the flavor combination was so horrifying, so instantly holy-hell-who-needs-to-be-fired that I had to flag down the waitress.

K: "Excuse me, what is the flavoring in this?"

W: "Um ... honey, tarragon, and cayenne."

FIRED.

FIRED.

FIRED.

The ever-adventurous AG, in the wake of my retching, had to give it a try. She quite literally choked on it.

Additionally, my spinach salad came with mushrooms cooked within an inch of their lives (they're button mushrooms, they're not supposed to be black. Although the candied pecans were delicious, and I don't even like nuts). My sandwich? The "California Dreaming Veggie: avocado, lettuce, tomato, havarti cheese, and red onions finished with herb mayonnaise on whole multi-grain bread." Missing? The avocado. I didn't even check to see if there were actual herbs in the mayonnaise. I was too tired. The bread was dry, the red onions were cut so thin that they had no texture at all, and the cheese looked suspiciously like Kraft deli Swiss. All of that came with a $6.95 price tag. Not bad, unless you calculate that because AG and I split the salad and sandwich, they threw a superfluous $3 charge for "split entrees" at us. And because the waitress asked if we'd like the salad as our side, we got gypped on the side that was supposed to come with the aforementioned incomplete sandwich.

I left with a bad taste in my mouth. And a deep desire to force the entire kitchen staff to eat tarragon mixed with cayenne. Bastards.

4 comments:

Juarez Family says:
at: 3:11 PM said...

I was elbows deep in blue cheese potatoes and didn't taste it but it does sound HORRIBLE!

kate says:
at: 7:14 PM said...

How the heck can you mess up butter? Get the idea of mixing hot and sweet--but eek--poor butter!

What's Next? says:
at: 8:58 PM said...

Yeah .... sorry the restaurant was my idea. I had the pasta with chicken. Should have been easy. It just kind of tasted like ... nothing. I took your word for it on the butter and chose not to taste.

John-Bryan Hopkins says:
at: 7:10 AM said...

The fries there are great though.......

I just will not put butter on them i guess....

If I go there again at all!

search.

foodgawker

my foodgawker gallery

archive.

followers.

I am a work in progress. I perpetually need a hair cut. I'm totally devoted to my remarkable nieces and nephew. I am an elementary home cook and a magazine worker bee. (Please criticize my syntax and spelling in the comments.) I think my dog is hilarious. I like chicken and spicy things. I have difficulty being a grown-up. Left to my own devices, I will eat enormous amounts of cheese snacks of all kinds.

.